Using some wonderful Ippity and Unity stamps.. I did the Ippity Burlap image first and the distressed hearts on top.. I also did these cute lollipop flowers using some more Ippity Stamps distressing the paper circles ,making them alittle funky. love how they turned out, using a piece of cardboard and a brad for the center adds some texture to the flower. LOVE IT!! for the small flower I just got a strip of the same packaging paper and bunched it to make a rose like flower... stapled the end, and inked in the red Unity ink for dimension. I cut out some small cardboard hearts and ink it the same red colour..
now for the medium glittered flowers I made a tutorial showing you how I made them.. so very easy and fun!! so go to the next set of photo's for instruction..
Seeing that I didn't do a Saturday Flower Tutorial.. I am sharing one today. This Saturday I will do the lollipop Kraft flower that is in this layout as well.. so come back!!
Glitter Swirl Packaging Flower!!
1. start with your recycled items.. I used the kraft packaging paper.. I have been saving it from all my parcels of scrappy product that I get in the mail..
2. cut a long strip about an inch in width.
3. dampen you hands and scrunch the paper strip , making it a tiny wet.. easier to work with.
4. just start at one end and roll the paper.. making it long and snake like..
5. on a separate piece of scrap paper add a bit of tacky glue.. in a big enough circle.. you will be adhering the rope like strip to this.
6. now starting in the center.. swirl the rope strip making it as big as you want it. press down this way the glue has a chance to set.
7. here you have it.now cut the excess paper around it.
8. It almost looks like a Cinnamon bun..
9. go ahead and ink the flower in whatever colour you want.. leaving some of the kraft colour showing through.
Here you have some fun glittery flowers... I just love how it all turned out.. and hope you try this with some of your packaging kraft paper you get in the mail the next time.