Shabby Chic Flowers.. I was taught to make these on Gabrielle Pollacco blog Such a Pretty Mess, this is my version of it.
First this is a card that I made featuring the flower.. if you browse down below I have also made this on a layout.
Sending you a little Happy.
Here are the steps.. I will have written instruction below.
1. cut two different circles, I have cut 2.5 and 1.5 inch circles of card stock.
2. now tear the edges of the circles. you will have both circles with torn edges.
3. make sure you save the torn off piece
4. take a piece of the torn off and crumple it to a small ball. save this ball.
5.tear the circle in 5 slits not , just going to the middle without ripping it fully
6.now curl the raw torn edges.. crumple if you need ..just distress it with your fingers.
7. now once both are done.. you need to place a bit of glue on the bigger one. or a glue dot.
8. place the smaller piece on top of the larger piece.
9. cut some twine about 1 inch.. you will need 3 or 4 of these.
10. on the small flower place some glue in the center of the flower, placing the twine pieces on top.
11.a little more glue and add that ball of paper that you saved.
12. using a small flower punch, punch out one flower.
13. here is your small flower
14. glue your flower on a piece of plain card stock , and cut out a circle.
15. Ink the edges of the circle.
16. place the circle in the palm of your hand.
17. in a circular motion with your finger curve the circle.
18. this is what you should have .
19. place more glue on the top of the ball of torn paper.
20. place your circle flower paper on top of it.. and let dry.
21. this is the finished flower.
Change it up
To change up the center of the flower.. just add another flower and with the scraps of torn circles.. just roll them and glue the finished end , I took 2 of the colours and made it alittle different.. and love the results. Wonderful not to have to throw out any of the scraps and what a great flower to just do about anything with, card or layout even a summer paper wreath would be cool.
You can make these in many colours and sizes.. it is a great homemade flower to add to your layouts and cards. hope you try this on your next project.. I am off to make more!!
Have a great Saturday and a wonderful weekend.
Hugs & Smiles