Friday, February 17, 2012

Friends with Flair!!

Happy Friday FWF!!

 Believe in Yourself..
I made this cute little canvas for my daughter..
she has always wanted one of these girls. and this one is tiny, the canvas measures 4x6 .
it was an easy process, it only took me 30 minutes to do


 for my application of sticking all these elements down on my canvas. I used Helmar Decoupage paste. it is smooth, easy to apply and a nice satin finish. I love it!!  I didn't find it made my inks bleed either. always a good thing.


I started with a layer on the plain canvas, and then another layer for each piece of paper and  crocheted trim and flower.  It even goes on nicely on to of your stamps and ink.

All I used was some different coloured inks..  it made it easy to get some colour on my canvas.. just make sure your inks are permanent or hybrid that is whay I used for this piece.
that girl comes like that with all the textures so all you have to do is colour it. I paper pieced it and stuck it down with the decoupage paste. . gotta love easy!! I used some of the
big PITT pens from Faber Castell to colour her in!! 

Also using the decopage I adhered all the trim pieces..and jewels..
You have to love a product that can do all of that on canvas!!

I am just in love with this line of Christy Tomlinson stamps.. I just got some more yesterday
and can't wait to ink up the other girl.. Now if you were afraid to try this mixed media art,
These stamps make it even easier to  get artsy.. it does all the work for you!


Hope give these stamps a try.. it will be one of my favourites!!  for more Friends With Flair
participants.. check out the Unity Blog today.. also the Friday $5.oo feature.. oh.. and the website
major sale on itty bitty's and scrapbooking stamps.


Have a wonderful day.
Hugs,
Angie

20 comments:

tumblingcarrie said...

I love it. so gorgeous. i love the size of the canvas to and that sentiment. yeah beautiful

michib said...

what a gorgeous project - and so perfect for a young girl!

Jennifer said...

LOVE your canvas! Very Pretty!!! I've been loving these new stamps!! I need to put that chevron background on my wish list!(=

Jackie S said...

Angie...always look forward to your project. Always so amazing

Bonita Rose said...

Love all the crochet pieces Angie....

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

What a sweet little piece of art!

Kary said...

Hi Angie, this is SO gorgeous!! The new Christy Tomlinson stamps are awesome, and you did a great job!! Love the colours and layout. {hugs}

Ruby said...

Love this work OF ART.

JPScraps said...

The canvas is Wonderful!!

Linda said...

your project is very colorful.

angie/shuggy said...

amazing as always!!

Maria said...

Wonderful canvas Angie! Love that stamp! I ordered one but I think I got the other one and the punchenella one, for now at least!

Jessica Buffa said...

Stunning work, again,m Angie!!! Just beautiful. You are such an amazing artist!
Happy FWF Friday!
:O)
Jessica

Noelle Reese said...

You are so awesome! What would you say if I said I always wanted one of those :)

Emily Keaton said...

Your canvas is so colorful! What a fun work of art for your daughter. :)

Unknown said...

So Pretty. I'm sure your daughter is thrilled.

Roslyn said...

That's a beautiful canvas Angie!

Crystal said...

The colors on here are just so beautiful and I really love that chevron background!

dawn said...

aawww Angie, this is so sweet!! Your daughter is so lucky to have you as her mama!! I love all the goodies in this new line. Keep making pretty things and sharing them because I LOVE LOVE SEEING THEM!!

Jen M said...

This is soooo gorgeous! Lucky daughter you have!