Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Sketch Art.. more like some Mixed Media FUN!!

Today was not so much about Sketch Art.. I had a fun day with my friend Tina.
We were together to do a Canvas project.. it was her first time doing one so it was
fun to do it together..
this is us cutting our papers out for our canvases



We were using some Helmar decoupage, Unity Stamps, K&Company papers.


here is mine a tiny 4x4 canvas. I really like this size!


Tina did a 8x11 size canvas.. loving that paper and that cute Unity cat!!


This is what we finished up with.. using some Faber Castell gelato's , big brush artist pitt pens for details..  I just love them both.. on mine I added some fun Christy Tomlinson background stamps from Unity.. Love them alot!!


This is us.. all happy with what we actually did today.. it was nice to get together and actually finish
a project.. we usually get to talking and cruise the internet..so today was very productive..
This year we hope to get together and do different projects.
It is always more fun when you have a partner that shares your passion. I am lucky to have her!!

So now Sketch Art.. but Art just the same.. I will be sharing lots of different type of Art. I don't want to just do one thing for this post..
I hope you don't mind.. it is all good in the end , right!!??

I wanted to give a shout out to my sweet friend Dawn.. for always being such a great supporter of all my art. hugs to you today Dawn from me!!  xx

products used, K&Company papers, avery tags, acrylic pains, fabercastell gelato's and pitt pens, Helmar Decoupage, Unity stamps ( christytomlinson), pallet inks, black pernament ink pen  
Have a great day,
thanks for visiting.
hugs,
Angie
xoxo

4 comments:

dawn said...

ANGIE YOU ARE SOOOOOO SWEET, I'M SO JEALOUS THAT I CAN'T BE THERE TO PLAY WITH YOU. WOULD LOOOOOVE TO CREATE SOME ART WITH YOU.

LADIES THESE ARE AMAZING AND MORE!!! SERIOUSLY LOVE THESE COLORS, THEY SAY SPRING AND HAPPY ALL OVER, DON'T THEY!!! YOUR FRIEND DID A GREAT JOB FOR HER FIRST TIME??? I LIKE HOW DIFFERENT YET THE SAME THEY ARE!!

I LOVE MAKING HOUSES TO AND NEED TO DO THIS MORE, SO THANK YOU ANGIE DEAR FOR MIXING IT UP THIS WEEK. ANYTHING YOU SHOW ON TUESDAY'S IS GOOD FOR ME, JUST PLEASE KEEP DOING THIS.
I'VE NEVER MADE A HOUSE WITH SUCH PRETTY PAPERS AND COLORFUL BACKGROUNDS BUT I WILL GIVE IT A TRY, THANKS FOR THE INSPIRATION!!
WILL SHARE IT WITH YOU WHEN I'M DONE.
HUGS TO YOU FOR ALL YOU DO TO INSPIRE ME AND MAKING IT LOOK SO EASY.
LOVE YA
DAWN

Maria said...

OH SO MUCH FUN! I want to come over and play! LOVE your canvases I want to make one with a house like now! I just might!

Lisa Arana said...

I want to come play too! Ha. What a fabulous way to spend a day, crafting with a super friend. Great projects ladies.

bharsch said...

Yes, it was great to spend the day with my mentor. It was my first time doing mixed media...not too happy with the outcome but everyday I look at it I like it more and more.

Thanks Angie, for your added touch...I am really not good with clouds LOL :)