Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Cardboard Mini Album.

Wednesday Already.. man this week is just flying by.. over at Simply Scrapping Crafts I have this cute Album I have been working on.. for the
.. If you have been over there lately.. you know every third week of the month I am hosting the challenge.. an ABC creative challenge.. and we are on the letter
"C" -CARDBOARD
.. All the different things you can do with some recycled cardboard.. it is truly amazing.
I decided to do this little mini and but some fun photo's of Sydney with her new water gun.. so it is a long post.. photo's and a small tutorial on how I made the Album.


HOW TO MAKE A SIMPLE CARDBOARD MINI ALBUM

grab any piece of cardboard,
the one I used is the cardboard from the bottom of a case of cola.
I love that you get the embossed circles as an added texture .


cut your pages. whatever size you want..

All I did for mine was cut the large piece in thirds and them cut the thirds in half.
Now you can stop your album here and just bind it..

or you can go one step further.. just scroll down.



This is the extra step..
you can make different shapes on each of the pages..
I just cut these by hand.. so some of them are wonky but I like the look of a not so perfect album.



to distress, just peel off the top layer of the cardboard to see some
of the corrugated cardboard in the middle.




This is the side view..
you can use the bind it all to bind your album
or just punch 3 holes and use some binder rings.



I love that you can see all the different shape that you can make .
HERE IS THE FINISHED ALBUM
WATER FIGHT
















A cool way to keep some summer memories, I love recycling.


{supplies, Ippity Stamps (Unity Stamp Company),
Cosmo Cricket chipboard thrift shop, joy ride, garden variety,
MS inks, Memento ink, dollarama foam sticker letters,
Cosmo Cricket papers,
MME papers.
fabric tape(can't remember the name), bind-it-all.}


I just love how it all turned out. I use just wallet size photo's just in case you were wondering.. I find it perfect for small albums.
Hope you all have a wonderful day.
Hugs,
Angie

5 comments:

Stephanie Zito said...

Wow! Incredible and awesome mini Angie!!! I LOVE it!! Definitely may case this from you! You are so talented and creative!

Maria said...

I need to get a bind it all! LOL! Love your cardboard mini album!

StampinCathy said...

OMGOSH Angie! This is just amazing. Thanks for the tutorial. I just love all the pages and your creative touch to each one. I'm going to stare at it and maybe some of your MOJO will come through this screen.

Poppit said...

That is seriously cool Angie! So funky, so loving it!

farmhouse-story said...

LOVE this amazing mini album, angie! you are so talented, girl:)