Thursday, August 5, 2010

Friends With Flair.. Ippity Style!!

This is a wonderful thing.. Friday's I love Fridays.. my hubby stays home on Friday nights.. it is the beginning of the weekend.. and it is Unity's Friends with Flair.. now, that just makes it even better.. Today I have a great bookmark I made sometime ago but never posted it on my blog.. so with me feeling under the weather I decided it was the best time.

Beate first did this on her blog a month ago and I always wanted to give it a try because it was the most beautiful book mark I had ever seen. So here is my version of it. Using some Ippity stamp from the Because of You set.

This was a challenge I did for Simply Scrapping Crafts about making your own buttons.. the tutorial is HERE if you are interested. If you are in the market for these beautiful stamps there is a list of Ippity Chicks HERE..



Bookmark.


I used the some wonderful polka dot ribbons, and the Martha Stewart border flower punch and a Fiskars punch and some Marvy shape punches... Did some sewing.. but I am so not good at it.. and distressed the edges and made the glossy buttons.. I love how even with the not so great sewing how it all turned out. This is one of my many project that I am going to do for gifts this year.


You can find the tutorial that Beate created HERE.

If you go check out the Unity Blog now for the list of participants.. always some great eye candy to see. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Remember this weekend Ippity is Releasing the new Summer Sets.. it all starts SUNDAY 10am CST with some sneak peeks...I personally can't wait!!



Hugs,
Angie

21 comments:

StampinCathy said...

This is one awesome bookmark. I just love this style. Who wouldn't wait to read having a bookmark like this one.

Rachel B said...

Ang, I love your bookmark. It turned out so fabulous! The image is great! I hope you start feeling better soon.

Tenia Nelson said...

Very very cool!!!

Anita said...

Gorgeous bookmark Angie! I'm drooling over it! :)

Sweetieshop said...

I love how you attached the ribbon tag to your bookmark Angie! Great minds think alike, eh/ ;)

Karen said...

Oh I love this Ang! Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Love the bookmark..will have to try it :)

Sherri Everett Thompson said...

I love the idea of creating bookmarks as gifts. What a wonderful addition to a book or gift card to a book store! thanks for sharing yours. They are so pretty-love your color combo!

Erika M. said...

I adore your bookmark!

Linda said...

That is cutw bookmark I love the heart on your lovley bookmark.

Maria said...

Fabulous! Love your bookmark!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOW oh WOW! What a fab corner bookmark:) I really NEED to make one of these:) I want my book to be stylin!!! LOVE IT:)

farmhouse-story said...

this is wonderful, angie! i'm off to watch that video--feel better soon:)

Elizabeth C. said...

Now, how cute is that?! We'll have to make a few the next time we have inside recess! These are fab!

Theresa said...

Sorry to hear you're under the weather Angie - I hope you get better FAST!

The bookmark is awesome!

Tracy said...

I like how you did that bookmark! very nice!

scrappyteacher said...

GREAT IDEA!!

JPScraps said...

Love the bookmark!

FibreJunky said...

Ooooh!! I think I missed it when Beate did it, but now I must do one. Or more. I love it!

Lori said...

What a fabulous-looking bookmark!

Carolina said...

Oh Angie, this is adorable in every way...love, love the bookmark!!!