Friday, September 17, 2010

Something you didn't know about me.. or maybe you did?.

Did you know I love to paint, well I do. I started this craft years ago only painting on furniture and stools.. very country crafts.. Then I would do little Christmas crafts to sell to my family,neighbours and friends if they requested something..
It was a fun thing to do and I still do some of it.


When I moved to this present house I was house bound most of the time , only because there was no mall across the street, and no where to walk to other than the park and schools. oh yes not even a variety store.. to grab a magazine. So I became even more crafty to keep myself from not going crazy.
The first year I had an idea of making these scarecrows.. My dear hubby bought me the wooden boards and I started to draw and paint them out.. he did all the cutting . I did the fronts and backs of these and proudly displayed them on my front porch each fall season before Thanksgiving.. They are out there right now is you take a look. This is Sydney posing with them this afternoon!!



I also started dabbling in painting on canvas. I just needed a photo of whatever landscape scene and I could paint it.. I did some of these up for Christmas gifts one year for all the parents and they were shocked at how well they all turned out. seeing that I had no training what so ever and did it all by just plopping paint on canvas. These are some of my paintings. I have a ton more just waiting to be hung.
I also painted that red wooden bench.


Now for my painting on metal or wooden plates. These images I got off of the web.. can't remember which site.. but they are not mine.. but I did paint them free hand, no sketching just making it work. I just love Christmas.. so I do alot of these around my house.








Well, here we are and most of you know that I love to scrapbook and make cards.. but Thursday I decided to make up some of my own images.. only your basic pumpkins.. but I do seem to love them. So, here are the cards I made with my hand drawn images.. tell me what do you think???







I just thought it would be fun to share some other things about ME with you. Something different ,but I just love every aspect of being creative and making things from my heart.
I hope I didn't babble on too much.
Have a wonderful Friday.. if you are looking for the FWF post it is just below this.
Hugs,
Angie

16 comments:

Chrissy said...

Your crafty work is amazing! I really love the scarecrows!

Unknown said...

Angie! What a talent you have there! I love your paintings. And your hand drawn pumpkins are perfect.

Bonita Rose said...

Angie, u are amazing.. love your art! wow.... u go girl... u shud open an etsy shoppe and get to painting... honestly.. wow!!!!!!!

Christi said...

You are an incredible artist, Angie!! smiles...

Poppit said...

Wow, Angie, you are one very talented woman! and your pumpkins are awesome!

Theresa said...

Goodness, I don't know where to start!

The pumpkins are amazingly fabulous - I love them all!

The paintings are all amazing - you have a wonderful style! The scarecrows are so awesome - I would love something like that on my porch!

Keep on creating girl! You rock! Big hugs!

jennifer mitten said...

Thaks for sharing - I knew there was a lot more artistry here since I have loved your scrapbooking posts on Unity for so long...

Morissa Sweeney (YT - ShamrockShe) said...

This deserves more comments! I wish I had a tiny amount of talent that you have!

farmhouse-story said...

love your pumpkins! i can't draw stick figures:) your paintings are awesome-such a talent you are, angie!

Anonymous said...

Angie!! Your work is amazing!!! Love all your paintings!!! Your pumpkin cards are Fabulous! Thanks for sharing these paintings with us!!WOW~~

StampinCathy said...

OMGOSH Angie! All your projects are awesome. I just love everyone of the pumpkins. You are super creative and so inspiring.

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Angie!

Wauw, you are a true artist, what pretty painting and the plate is sooo cute! Love it! The cards are unique, like a lot the hand-drawn images and no one has a card like that, looks great!!

Hugs,
Wendy

Maureen Merritt said...

Wow Angie, I'm so impressed! You are so multi-talented and full of surprises! I looovvee those snowman plates :)

Eva said...

Angie, you amaze me with your incredible talent!!! You are a natural artist and I could always see that in your cards, and now I have the proof, too...LOL...These are all gorgeous and AMAZING, just like you!!!!

Lillian Child said...

Ohmygoodness, Angie! WOW! You have incredible talent and a definite eye for painting. And how sweet are those scarecrows??!! Wish I were a family member, as those paintings are just beautiful!

Rona said...

Angie, you never cease to amaze me!! you are an incredibly talented woman and the sweetest too!!! I love all of your art work and those snowmen have stolen my heart!!! Your pumpkins are so super cute - you should be drawing for a stamp line!!!