Thursday, September 2, 2010

Hip Hop.. if only..


Happy Thursday Hip Hoppers!!

Hope you all are having a great day, I can't believe it is September already... what is up with that??.. time seems to be flying by so fast. I think with such a hot summer it is going to be nice for this weather to cool down a little.. This week has been so hot.. yesterday the kids and Roger were in the pool, trying to cooling off..
If it is another hot one.. I think I will be joining them today!!

This week I went to Michael's and got a great border butterfly punch by EK Success, I love those 40% off sales!!.
I just love anything with butterflies on it and this one is just fabulous.
gotta love new toys.

I used it on my layout today, with the Dots for Sure stamp.


if only

using some of the stamps from Life Is The Journey , Dots For Sure and the wonderful Hip Hop sketch HHSC23.

I love taking a card sketch and making a layout. Check out the sketch below.



Here are some of the details up close.. this is the little butterfly pieces left over once you have punched the border.. amazing ! I know this punch will be used a lot. Don't you think it looks great with the Dots for Sure stamp too.


A little about the layout, these were photo's taken of Sydney at a baseball game 2 weeks ago.. I love getting close up shots of her fooling around and I just love looking at those big brown eyes. The"if only" stamp was perfect for what I wanted to say on my layout.
She is growing up way to fast for me.

So if you are in the mood for trying any of the sketches on a layout, go for it.. the challenge is always for both. It is always great to have these sketch's on hand. Instant inspiration!

You will be seeing me do more of these on Hip Hop!!
Now it is time to check out Eva and see what she has been up to and of course her wonderful Hip Hop creation!!
Hope you all have a great day.. and see you in the chit chat area in the Unity Forum over at splitcoaststampers!!


Hugs,
Angie

30 comments:

AJ said...

cute layout Angie- reallly need to get back to scrapping! ;)

Eva said...

Angie....WOW...this is such a BEAUTY!!!! Love the way you used the stamps and your butterflies are AMAZING!!! This is one GORGEOUS layout!!!

Rachel B said...

SO cool! I love your new toy! I love that you can use the negative from the punch to embellish with even MORE butterflies! Beautiful stamping and the pictures are great!

jennifer mitten said...

Amazing layout!

Julie Campbell said...

Oooh! This is soooo pretty! I love how the butterflies just fly up the page!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

GORGEOUS and I love the new punch!!!!

JPScraps said...

Amazing layout! Love those butterflies :) ANd your right, kids grow up way too fast!

Martha galvez said...

I love the colors you used on your layout, great job.

Jessica Diedrich said...

Oh, girl this is STUNNING. BEAUTIFUL baby girl=love all that pink, and what a fun take on the sketch!

Anonymous said...

LOVE how you used the sketch for a layout!!! THis is fabulous :)

StampinCathy said...

OMGosh Angie! This is one amazing and inspiring page. I just love how you used the sketch and those butterflies are beautiful.

Kelly Mahany said...

OK that was a tear jerker!! But it is still such a sweet and tender layout. I love your new border punch... and then realized too that the butterflies are the cut outs!! Love it!!

Jen E. said...

i really like your layout. great designs and color choice.

Teri Barefoot said...

cute layout love the butterflies
Thanks,
Teri
teri.barefoot@gmail.com

Lacey said...

Beautiful Layout! Great work!

Gwen said...

Awesome page! LOVE that punch and the way the butterflies are floating across your page!

farmhouse-story said...

such a charming page...and face:)

Unknown said...

Angie, gorgeous LO and I love all your details! You really put some fabulous touches on your creations and love how you made it from a card sketch!

Erika M. said...

Your layout is amazing!

Amy said...

Angie, this is stunning, and I am LOVING that new punch, I want that set with the Dots for SUre!!!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Fabulous colors!!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a cute LO!! Love the colors--and all the butterflies:)

Catherine said...

Simply gorgeous!

Karen said...

And, what a creative girl are you to use the sketch with a layout!! I love all those butterflies flying around!!

Hugs,

Marilyn Nimmo said...

Great layout - I might have to get that punch too---LOVE butterflies! Oh, those big brown eyes - how did you every say no????

Lisa said...

This is amazing!!! Details are fabulous!!!!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous girl! Absolutely love your page and those butterflies are awesome!

lisa a.

Unknown said...

Super cute - I imagine you'll be using that butterfly punch A LOT!

Rona said...

Angie this is adorable - and wow Sydney has the most beautiful eyes ever!!! Love that butterfly punch so cute!!

Lisa H. said...

waaaaay cool and cute! your layouts are always inspiring!