Tuesday, December 21, 2010

December Daily 2010, Day 20, GIU2

Welcome to my day 20
December Daily and Growing in Unity day 2
.. we didn't do too much on the 2oth. Grocery shopping ,some crafting and one special thing.. we made our Christmas breakfast dish.. if you are West Indian you will know this dish very well. It is a family tradition to eat this for breakfast with some homemade bread Christmas morning. It is one thing that my kids look forward to every year. They even like it better than presents. go figure. I could have saved alot of money just making them a meal. hehe.
here are the pages for our day.
December 20, 2010

Roger brought these photo's home that were taken by one of the photographers at the Wrigley's Christmas party this year.


This was our day.. 2 pots of Pepperpot cooking on the stove.. a Family Cuisine Tradition.. yummy.. The family can't wait to taste this Christmas morning for breakfast.. yummo!!
For my Growing in Unity project my sweet hubby found this wine gift box, made of wood at the dollarstore. I would say what an amazing find. I think I need more.. the things I can do with them even for my craft room will be fabulous.
here is the blank wine gift box.

now here it is using one of the stamps from the Ippity (season of joy) I just love all the fantastic shapes you get in this set.


I first stamped out the image all around the box and then with some black acrylic paint I painted the inside of the image.. I love the black and natural wood feel to it.. painting the door black and adding a tag and ribbon.. What a fantastic gift idea for male or female.. Christmas or anytime of year..
but can you image a stack of them with some scrappy stuff inside.. well I can. maybe for a next project. hehe



here is the front.. I hope the person getting this will like it. If not I will be glad to take it back and they can keep the contents. HA!!

Have a fabulous day
Hugs,
Angie






15 comments:

StampinCathy said...

Beautiful layout and that wine box is just amazing. Thanks for all the inspiration.

Jeannette Siciliani said...

What an adorable idea!

Rachel B said...

Wow Angie! I love your pages. Always so fabulous, but that wine gift box is amazing! IT turned out so cool!

stampjourney said...

Great addition to your December daily, and I LOVE your gift box. Simply gorgeous!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

You are always so clever with projects--I wish I could think like you! MUST hang out with you again:) LOVE THIS!

Carol said...

Great projects! Thanks for sharing your talent with us all.

Carol B
ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

Marilyn Nimmo said...

Love your December daily layout. And that wine box is wonderful. Would love to see what you would use them for in your craft room.

Anonymous said...

Your wine box is Beautiful!! I am sure the recipient will love it as well. I would definitely pick up more of these, the ideas seems endless!! TFS~

Unknown said...

Fantastic family tradition Angie, and how awesome that your kids will continue it...love family traditions! Great addition to your Dec Daily...sad to hear that only parent can go to that party? That box is FABULOUS...I better go check to see if it arrived in my mail box yet...heehee!
Have a wonderful and 'Merry' Christmas dearie!

Unknown said...

Your layout is gorgeous! And, I love what you did with the wine box.... amazing!!!

Thanks so much for sharing!!!

~Ola
okj83 at live dot com
zloe.blogspot.com

farmhouse-story said...

this is a beautiful and elegant gift box! love the pages and your journaling for them!

Anne Tussing said...

As usual, your daily pages are awesome!! What a special gift you have for designing! Love the wine box too. I can see it being used for lots of things!

Emily Leiphart said...

Angie, I love your kitchen page and the wine box is stunning! LOVE.

Angela Fehr said...

I think that wine box is really cool! I would never have thought of painting the inside of the frames like that and it's such a classy look!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Goorgeous box love it!!!!!