Tuesday, December 21, 2010

December Daily 2010, Day 21, GIU3

WOW.. 2 more sleeps.. until the festivities start...
I say this only because it all start for me on the 24th. We celebrate European Christmas with my mother-in-law. My hubby is German so this is their Christmas. I am looking forward to hosting this year. It should be alot of fun seeing everyone.
Have you all been busy getting prepared, shopping done, baking... well today will start another day of cleaning and wrapping. Tomorrow will be another cookie baking day, I am glad I made some batches and kept them in the freezer for easy baking. I am also looking forward to tomorrow night when we take our traditional drive with the kids to see all the beautiful Christmas lights in the neighbourhood. Myself and Roger have been doing this way before kids.. we just love looking at the lights displayed on all the homes.
Now here is my December Daily for yesterday.
December 21, 2010

A day of playing games.. the kids having the same old ...." I want to play a game on this TV" we have a TV in nearly every room and a game system on 3 of them.. funny kids!!

For my side cover I photo copied the Starbucks bag of the season and made this page... added the ornaments and sticker sentiment. ( Melissa Frances, October Afternoon)


On the other side is the actual bag with some photo's inside.. One being the cup of Chai Latte my hubby surprised me with yesterday.. love him for thinking of me. Also a photo of Sydney making her own wrapping paper and watching Caillou on TV.. a multi tasker she is!

The last page is a photo of my sweet girl.. all day long carring this blanket around.. I just love this.. checking out the tree with her kitties in hand.

Today is also Growing in Unity day 3... It is also the Unity's Addict Challenge.. hosted by the wonderful and talented Maria.. She does such a wonderful job every week. love ya Maria!!
I also got the chance this week to create the Challenge for Unity's Addict Challenge . So make sure you check it all out.. HERE
For the Challenge it is to stamp on a gift bag or make your own gift wrapping paper.. easy and a fun project .. even to get the kids involved in!!
Here is mine!!
I got these Kraft bags from our local Dollarama.. you get 3 for $1.oo can't beat that price.. I use some K&Company papers to decorate and Using the Ippity Season of Joy snowflakes to embellish the bag. Inking in black, green and red. I also made the snowflake tag for the front.
For the wrapping paper on the gift in the back.. I used some of the Kraft paper you actually get when ordering some Unity stamps.. I save the paper all the time.. I inked it up using the Dots for sure background stamp from Ippity and then the Merry Christmas stamp in black .

Now , did you know Unity is retiring some of the 2008 kit of the month's
for only $26.00 ( reg. $45.00)
Some amazing Images in each kit.. and only for the next week you will be able to purchase these and then they will be in the RETIRED off the site.. So go and check it all out and pick yours up today. For the rest of the year they are also offering FREE shipping anywhere in the US and Canada.. so that is a gift in itself.. love free shipping!!
You can see all the kits HERE!!


Tomorrow is HIP HOP.. so make sure you check back..
thanks for coming by.
Hugs,
Angie

14 comments:

Anne Tussing said...

Great gift bag idea! They are fun to make! Love the daily pages.

Marilyn Nimmo said...

Great projects. I will have to start saving that kraft paper!

Emily Leiphart said...

Oh my, those acetate pages are so gorgeous! I love the way you embellished that Starbucks bag, too. Your gift bag is beautiful!

Angie said...

Wonderful pages! My kids say "how many more sleeps" too. Ha ha.

Rachel B said...

I love the picture of Sydney and her blanket in front of the Christmas tree! So sweet! Your pages look great. And your gift bag is awesome! Love the ribbon and tag.

Angela Fehr said...

Very cute gift bag! I have a drawer full of packaging I've saved as well!

StampinCathy said...

Amazing projects.

stampjourney said...

Your daily album is coming along beautifully! Love your altered gift bag, too!

sharon g said...

What cute ideas. I love the papers you chose for the bag, the stamps, the tag--everything!!! You are very talented!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOVE that bag--super cute and CHEAP! LOVE it even more:) Those pages of your DD are fab! I LOVE that one of the blanket, your little girl and the tree! CUTE:) Super sweet:) YOU ROCK, Angie!!

farmhouse-story said...

love your pages, angie, and your bag and wrapping paper!

Anonymous said...

Super Cute Gift Bag!!

Unknown said...

I always love your December dailies!!! And your bag is just gorgeous!!!

Thanks so much for sharing!!!

~Ola
okj83 at live dot com
zloe.blogspot.com

Carol said...

Great Unity Gift Bag! Have a Blessed Christmas!

Carol B
ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com